Alison had a home on two sides of the country.
She had to travel a lot for work and preferred it that way rather than live in hotels.
One house belonged to her job, and the other was her forever home. As a marketer, she crisscrossed the country and loved having two places to lay her head at night. Last month, she was on the east coast and took some days off. Alison needed the rest because work had been tiresome. The first night she slept well in her home, but she woke up to a burning smell that morning. She was afraid she’d left the stove on, but that wasn’t it. The smell was coming from the HVAC unit. As time went by, the burning smell from the air conditioner got worse. Since she wasn’t sure of the issue, she shut it down and called an aircon company. She had a repair and maintenance contract with them, so an HVAC technician came to the house. The problem was a clogged and dirty air filter that hadn’t been cleaned in a while. After so many months, the filter was full of dust and debris, resulting in a burning smell. The HVAC system was struggling to warm the house in winter due to poor airflow. The AC components were having a hard time blowing in the air due to an overworked HVAC motor. That caused the motor to overheat and produce a burning smell in the house. The aircon professional got to work cleaning the air filter since it was in good condition. Once the cleaning was complete, he had to air dry the air conditioner filter for some time before putting it back. The air conditioning system was tested, and it didn’t produce any burning smell. Everyone was happy since a system was needed for heating in the next several days before she could travel once more.