This month has been filled with a number of problems.
Work has been entirely tied up and there is a new person in charge of ordering parts.
Five orders were messed up this month and one of them caused a purchaser to call a different HVAC company altogether! I went to the service call and determined that our purchaser needed a new oil furnace. The purchaser was frustrated that we couldn’t upgrade the oil furnace on the same day, however I assured her that I would have the new parts delivered the following day. She agreed to spend the night and day at a relative’s home, so that we could install a new oil furnace the next day. Unfortunately, someone ordered the wrong size oil furnace and I didn’t realize the mistake until I was already standing in the purchasers garage. The parts were delivered a half an hour before I arrived at the job site. I abruptly realized the oil furnace was half the size that we needed. When I told the purchaser about the problem, she became entirely angry and irate. She told me to leave at once and she called another company to install her oil furnace. I called my boss to explain the problem. I do not know exactly how the mistake happened, however we lost a $4,000 sale because of the mix-up.