The two of us have a natural gas fireplace installed in our kitchen that handles the bulk of the heating requirements for the first floor of the house.
The fireplace is a focal point and quite beautiful, but for the most part, it works undoubtedly well, however it simulates the look of a wood burning fire however avoids the negatives.
There’s no need to cut or haul dirty, heavy wood into the house. To start up the fireplace the two of us simply tap a button on a remote control. There’s no smoke, soot, ash or sparks to deal with! Natural gas is a undoubtedly wash burning fuel. The fireplace includes a fan that the two of us can adjust to spread the heat evenly throughout the room. The two of us installed the gas fireplace around fifteen years ago, and we’ve never once had the system professionally service. The corporation who installed it is no longer in business. I called the corporation who took over for them and tied up upkeep. They simply never showed up. I contacted them numerous more times and never managed to get a professional to arrive at our house. I’ve tried to find any local Heating, Ventilation as well as A/C corporation who is qualified to deliver service on a gas fireplace. It is apparently a specialized field. I’ve done our best to take regular care of the oil furnace however the owner’s manual is vague on the procedures. I detach the glass panel from the front and vacuum out any buildup of dust however I can’t access the inner workings. The fireplace is absolutely showing the lack of regular service. I am sad that it’s going to completely quit and we’ll be left without heat.