What happened to the BBQ?
My child had been planning an outdoor BBQ for her daughter’s eighteenth birthday.
She had the plans made and all the decorations and food obtained, nearly two weeks ahead of time.
There was to be forty people at the BBQ. When my hubby and I arrived, it surprised us the two of us were the only people there. I thought maybe I had gotten the wrong date, or I didn’t acquire the news that the celebration was off. My child was in tears when she came outside. She told me they had called the BBQ off, although she didn’t call us because she still wanted us here. My hubby asked her what had happened. He wanted to think what was broken and if he should go back condo and get some tools. She started to cry and took us into the house. There was water everywhere. The boiler water tank had sprung a leak. Since the boiler was on the main floor, right by the dining room, the water was running under the door and out into the house. Her hubby came out of the boiler room and he was just about in tears. There were space gas furnaces everywhere, hoping to keep the water from settling into the flooring.They were trying to keep the wood floors from warping. The air conditioning was running on high, because of the heat in the house from the space heaters. My child and I took my granddaughter out for a lovely lunch, while the men got the boiler repaired. By the time the two of us got home, they fixed the boiler water tank, the space gas furnaces were gone, and they had cleaned up the mess. They moved the birthday BBQ to the following weekend.