Cooling specialists saving the day
Last week was such a long week for the entire company and me.
Being in the HVAC business, we always meet and deal with all kinds of customers; some can be a handful.
We started the day early with a new air conditioning installation at a school near the office. We then headed to the suburbs for an air conditioning tune-up. At the house, we found a group of teenagers left home alone. I assumed their parents were away at work. They welcomed us in, and I could immediately tell that the indoor air quality was low. We announced that we were the new contractors there to help with indoor comfort following an appointment placed by who we assumed was their mother. One of them approached us and asked questions about the HVAC duct and duct sealing. Their cooling equipment was a mini split air conditioner malfunctioning because of a damaged condenser. The dampers in the zone control system were in good condition, and so was the temperature control system. The teens had tampered with the thermostat, but we could fix it by resetting it. As the other cooling expert replaced the filters, we heard a loud bang from the games room. We rushed to see whether we could help and found that the teenager had bumped into one of the splits of the heat pump and had a deep cut on his forehead. Fortunately, we had received first aid training from the cooling corporation. We gave him first aid as we were waiting for the ambulance. There was so much blood, and the other kids started panicking. The doctors later confirmed that the first aid from the techs did help the young boy. The next day, we were trending on social media as the team of cooling specialists that saved a kid’s life.
Read more about AC