Space oil furnace causes fire in duplex

I live in a rented duplex as well as Last year was quite exciting.

I had just gotten apartment from running some errands when I observed that my neighbor’s smoke alarm was going off.

I assumed they just boiling their dinner however more than 2 minutes later the alarm was still going off. Then I started stinking smoke. I went outside as well as that is when I observed a lot of smoke coming from the windows as well as door frame. I tried ringing the doorbell as well as knocking on the door however my neighbor wasn’t home. So I called the fire department. The fire trucks came roaring in. They ended up cutting down the door to extinguish the fire. Apparently the cause of the fire was a space oil furnace in the living room. Someone had thrown a shirt over it as well as it had caught fire. I am so happy that I was home. If not, my beach house might have burned up along with my neighbor’s. After all, the two of us share a wall. The thing is that I don’t understand why they were even using a space heater. These duplexes have central heating as well as air. Of course the property owner showed up after the fire was extinguished. Most of the fire mangle was contained to the living room… Even still, I am surprised at apartment much mangle a simple space oil furnace is capable of. My neighbors are going to have to replace their bed as well as a lot of clothing. The property owner is going to have to replace the carpeting as well as possibly one of the walls. I won’t be surprised if the two of us get a notice saying not to use space heating systems after this.
More ->