We have a natural gas fireplace installed in our family room that handles the bulk of the heating requirements for the first floor of the house; The fireplace is a focal point and quite attractive! For the most part, it works very well, however it simulates the look of a wood burning fire but avoids the disadvantages.
There’s no need to split or haul dirty, heavy wood into the house.
To start up the fireplace all of us simply tap a button on a remote control. There’s no smoke, soot, ash or flames to deal with, however natural gas is a very wash burning fuel. The fireplace includes a fan that all of us can adjust to spread the heat evenly throughout the room, we installed the gas fireplace around fifteen years ago. We’ve never once had the plan professionally service. The company who installed it is no longer in business. I called the company who took over for them and tied up upkeep. They simply never showed up. I contacted them many more times and never managed to get a professional to arrive at my house. I’ve tried to find any local Heating and A/C contractor who is qualified to supply service on a gas fireplace. It is apparently a specialized field. I’ve done my best to take proper care of the heating plan but the owner’s manual is vague on the procedures. I remove the glass panel from the front and vacuum out any buildup of dust however I can’t access the inner workings. The fireplace is very showing the lack of proper service. I am concerned that it’s going to completely quit and we’ll be left without heat.